“Photovoltaics and Their Impact of Roofing Assemblies”
Date: Thursday April 25, 2019 5:30 PM
Location: XI Boston 290 Wood Rd, Braintree, MA 02184
- Dinner and Presentation 5:30pm: $45.00
- Table Top (Does Not Include Dinner): $75.00
- Understand how proper planning when considering installing PV arrays can greatly reduce the potential for roof leaks, voided roof system warranties, structural damage, and unnecessary expenses.
- Understand the available options for PV systems and attachments, and roof system manufacturer limitations.
- Overview of the condition and warranty duration of the existing roof system and the capacity of the existing structure.
- Understand life safety for maintenance, fire safety, and the appropriate coordination of the various tradesmen before, during, and after construction.
Terrence DaCosta, EIT
- Terrence DaCosta is a Project Engineer for Gale’s Building Enclosure Design and Consulting Group. He is an expert in investigating failures of building enclosures, designing repairs to building enclosures, and performing construction period monitoring services. Mr. DaCosta has been working with Gale’s Building Enclosure Design and Consulting group for the past 8 years after pursuing a degree in structural engineering.
Jeffrey Ziske, EIT
- Jeffrey Ziske is a Staff Engineer for Gale’s Building Enclosure Design and Consulting Group. Mr. Ziske has been working with Gale’s Building Enclosure Design and Consulting group for almost 3 years after pursing a degree in civil engineering, and has been investigating existing building enclosure failures, preparing project documents, and performing construction period services.